Sunday, September 23, 2012

Vikings move to 2-1

So, we're 3 weeks into the season and I for one am perplexed at how it has started! I also figured after 3 weeks, I had best get a new post out there. Basically, in week one, we were lucky to come away with the win in OT against the Jaguars. I felt the play calling was too conservative and the defense was playing sloppy. But a win is a win, no matter how it gets done. Then we move on to week 2 in Indy. The Colts pulled off the win in the final moments with a field goal. I did not watch this game, even though I had DVR'd it, because I listened to it on the radio. Again, I felt the play calling was far too conservative, points were left on the field, the defense was still playing sloppy and the entire team was undisciplined!! I was so horrified that I didn't even watch the game, just deleted it off the DVR. Then the 49ers roll into town today. I can remember telling my son on the way to the game that my expectations were low (especially after last week) but we'd have a good time regardless of the turnout. My only question after this game... where the hell was this team the first two games???? The first game wouldn't have been so close and we wouldn't have lost the 2nd game. But it really looks like the defense pulled things together, making some excellent plays. The forced fumble from Gore, two sacks by Greenway, Josh Robinson's first interception and Jared Allen's sack/fumble and the blocked field goal. I though Ponder looked really good from where I was sitting in section 107, and his decision making improving. But we can all recall the pass that should have been intercepted. Overall he went 21/35 for 198 yards, 2 TDs and 1 rushing TD. Peterson looked like he is continuing to improve touching the ball 25 times for 86 yards and 2 catches for 21 yards. He did have one fumble that was recovered by Percy. And Speaking of Percy, he caught 9 passes for 89 yards. And if I can recall correctly, I think was targeted only 11 or 12 times. Can we say amazing!!! In the end, however, I'm not sure what was up with Toby. 3 plays, 3 fumbles. Give him the football to carry around all week. The Vikings pulled away with an amazing 24-13 victory over one of the NFC powerhouse teams (who went into Green Bay and Detroit and spanked them around!). This was a big win to give this team some great momentum heading into Detroit next week. That game also marks the return of Jerome Simpson, and hopefully a deep game. For some excellent highlights, I encourage you to check out Vikings.com. SKOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment